Halloween is one week away, and I thought this week I will share my fave Halloween recipes starting with these Deluxe Halloween Mud Bars! They are a delicious chocolaty Halloween treat to hand out to trick or treaters or serve at your Halloween party! Here’s how to make them:
- 1 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Egg (or 2 egg whites)
- 1 12-ounce Package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (divided)
- ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts (or your choice of nuts or leave out the nuts)
- Halloween Candy Corn
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Beat in egg; gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups morsels and nuts.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes.
- Remove pan to wire rack.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup morsels.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly.
- Top with candy corn.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into bars and serve.
What are your favorite Halloween treats you like to make? Let us know in the comments below and until Wednesday, be happy, healthy and beautiful!