- Oil Pulling: Have you swished with coconut oil? Oil pulling is a traditional way to cleanse the mouth of bacteria. Start your day with oil pulling by swishing a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth. Try to swish for at least 10 minutes. If you can, swish up to 20 minutes.
- Wash Your Face: With oil? It’s called oil cleansing. It may sound strange but oil can actually help clean your face.
- Shave Your Legs: That’s right! Coconut oil is a girl’s best friend when it comes to shaving. If you want baby soft legs, rub a small amount of coconut oil on your legs before shaving.
- Hair Treatment: Coconut oil is a great deep conditioner for the hair. Apply coconut oil to the roots and work the oil down to the ends. Leave the coconut oil on for at least an hour or overnight. Wash and style as usual.
- Skin Moisturizer: Use coconut oil as a body moisturizer! Coconut oil is known to help reduce scaring, stretch marks and prevent sagging skin. It’s a natural “miracle” cream!
- Rash and Burn Cream: Coconut oil helps to sooth rashes and burns. A small dab of coconut oil can help to reduce and even eliminate diaper rash.
- Eye Makeup Remover: Another wonderful reason to have coconut oil on hand in the bathroom is for removing makeup! Wash your face and then use coconut oil to remove the remaining eye makeup.
- Cuticle Treatment: Coconut oil does wonders for your nails! Massage your finger nails and toe nails with it as often as you like to help keep rugged cuticles tame. The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil are also helpful for keeping toes clear of fungal infections.
- Frizz Tamer: Use coconut oil to tame wild hair. Only use a small amount though. Too much coconut oil will leave your hair with an oily look.
Do you use coconut oil in your bathroom? What is your favorite use? Please share your thoughts in the comment box!