With the arrival of October comes the start of the fall comfort food and tasty fall treats season, so I thought I would share a fall inspired recipe throughout fall starting with this recipe! This recipe is a delicious homemade take on the pumpkin spice latte made in 1 pot with simple ingredients and ready in 10 minutes! Here’s how to make a cup for yourself…
- 3/4 Cup Dairy Free Milk (I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk or use regular milk)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2-3 Tbsp Pumpkin Purée (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 ½ – 2 tsp Maple Syrup (or stevia)
- 1 Shot Espresso or 1/4 Cup Brewed Coffee
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
DIRECTIONS: (HOT VERSION)
- To a small saucepan, add milk of choice and water. Bring to a simmer, then add pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup and whisk until smooth. (Note: A little separation is natural with both the pumpkin and dairy-free milk, so whisk/stir as needed to smooth).
- Add coffee or espresso and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more pumpkin pie spice to taste, espresso or coffee for stronger coffee flavor, or maple syrup or stevia for sweetness.
DIRECTIONS: (ICED VERSION)
- Add all ingredients to a jar with a lid and stir to combine. Then add ice, secure lid, and shake vigorously to combine (about 30 seconds).
- Serve as is, or top with coconut whipped cream (or your choice of whipped cream) and a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
- Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Stir before serving or whisk when reheating on the stovetop.
Nutritional Information: Servings: 1 Calories: 125 Carbohydrates: 15.3 g Protein: 2.7 g Fat: 6.1 g Saturated Fat: 1.2 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.04 g Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 86 mg Potassium: 75 mg Fiber: 2.6 g Sugar: 8 g
If you are a pumpkin spice latte lover like me, this recipe will take care of the craving without having to change out of your PJ’s and going to that famous coffee house because this is made and enjoyed in the comfort of your own home and until next week, be happy, healthy, and beautiful!